Summer 2017 Park Intern Program
This summer, we will have organized activities in the Park!
Trybe will place several interns at Bella Vista Park to provide organized activities for children, youth, and families in the Park! Hours/days and events are still be worked out - check the Calendar for "Park Program" hours!
Possible Organized Activities!
1. Basketball, basketball, basketball! Interns will be leading basketball clinics and practicing as a team for various leagues in summer and fall.
2. Skateboarding: on the mini-ramp, rail, stage, and more!
3. Ping-Pong: play ping pong on new custom built tables!
4. Volleyball and Tetherball: grass volleyball anyone? Tetherball?
5. Relays, Tug-O-Wars, Water-balloons, Parachute, Blob-tag, Sharks-Minnows, Capture the Flag: and other games!
6. Football, Track, and Soccer: with flags and goals
7. Bicycles: fix up bikes, make them into cool scraper bikes, learn how to ride a bike, and go on group bike rides through the neighborhood!
8. Park Beautification & Neighborhood Organizing: help pick up trash, plant flowers, and keep graffiti out of the park. Earn points for field Trips! Pass out fliers to NCPC meetings, Park events, organize BBQs with neighbors.
9. Safety Walks: Interns will organize youth to go on walks and runs around the neighborhood, possibly walking dogs and cleaning up litter. A by-product goal is to create a safer neighborhood with "feet on the street."
10. Truth and Healing Sessions: Small group discussions and focus groups on helping the youth positively own the park, their own lives and futures. Led by park interns, done both formally and informally.
Field Trips! To Monterey Bay Aquarium, Alcatraz, Fishing and Camping trips, and the San Francisco Academy of Art and more! Youth will have to earn points to go on trips!
Bicycles and Parts!: Help repair bikes and skateboards.
Carpenter/Handyman: Help fix skateboard ramps, build tetherball and ping-pong tables, etc.
Donations: Can be made by check or credit card HERE.